Families are said to be the fundamental unit of society. As we go over to our life, we are led to believe that a happy family is supposed to look like that and acts like this. There is a hidden stigma in every troubled family; people assume that broken family equates problematic family members. Nobody wants to call them as troubled kids or disturbed mothers, isn’t it? As such, people are putting on masks, hiding abuse and creating facades. It has become a norm that an ideal family should maintain a good public image so as what popular media promotes.
People recognize a perfect family with the children participating in every school activities, with the parents actively joining family events and with everyone getting together well during a dining out. Little did the people know that behind those fake smiles, fake happiness and false love, hidden inside their heart is a screaming agony, excruciating pain, and unimaginable fear. Little did they know what happens behind the closed doors of their home. Little do you know that it could be one of your friends or loved ones. Do not let those little acts fool you into believing they do not need help, recognize the abuse and get help.
Gat Cow Law Group has long been dealing with these kinds of matter. Our family lawyers are well equipped of every aspect of the family association including the behavioral patterns of a person who suffers from domestic abuse. As such, we have compiled signs of domestic violence to help you and your friend before it becomes too late.
- A person has become unnaturally silent, submissive and is always apologetic. The sudden lowering of self-esteem and being completely passive are indicative of a troubled individual.
- A person had gained a heightened fear of someone and anxiety to please that person.
- A person attempts to hide bruises, black eyes, battle marks on the neck and chooses to bear the pain of injuries. Often, this person may give inconsistent explanations for these physical traumas.
- A person starts to cut conservation from others and isolate oneself from friends, relatives, coworkers and even loved ones.
- A person starts showing symptoms of depression such as apathy, hopelessness, or a total loss of vigor to pursue daily tasks.
- A person begins to bring up suicide, randomly jokes about attempting to kill oneself and how it is good just to disappear.
- If this person is a mother, she firmly refuses to leave her children alone with her partner.
If you think you see these signs, approach your friend immediately and offer practical assistance. Seek legal advice. See, domestic violence knows no bound when it comes to victimizing families. Whatever your position on the social ladder, domestic violence can attack anyone. You do not know if it is too late until you are crying over a dead body. Do not let regret gnaw you, schedule now a consultation with Gat Cow Law Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org